Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia
The Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) established in 1980, is a leading provider of service and representation to mortgage brokers, finance brokers, mortgage managers, lenders (bank and non-bank), and originators to assist them develop, foster, and promote the mortgage and finance industry.
To ensure the orderly and ethical working of the mortgage and finance industry in Australia
- To elevate the role of mortgage and finance intermediaries to a profession
- To ensure MFAA members are recognised as a trusted source of finance
- To be the recognised authority in Australia on all aspects of the mortgage and finance industry
- To maintain quality standards within the industry
- To provide education for members and their staff
- To support the development & range of mortgage and finance products available to the public
- To embrace best practice customer services
- To develop the mortgage and finance industry in Australia
There are over 12,000 members of the MFAA.
The association has also been known as the Mortgage Industry Association of Australia (MIAA), the Mortgage Industry Association of Australasia and the Mortgage Bankers Association.
Australian Finance Group
Australian Finance Group (AFG) is an independently owned, Australian company specialising in arranging loans for almost any purpose, in most cases at no charge to the customer.
Ranked as Australia’s number one wholesaler of mortgage finance and amongst the top three wholesalers of mortgage finance in the world*, the company acts as a specialist research, training and compliance house for its advisors providing access to a vast array of financial products (800+) from Australia’s leading lending institutions.AFG is the largest third party wholesaler introducer of mortgages in Australia processing on average 6000+ residential mortgages exceeding $2 billion per month with market share in excess of 20% of the Australian broker market.Established in 1994, AFG recently announced that they manage more than $30 billion of mortgage finance.
The company’s latest initiatives include the implementation of credit checks and police clearance certificates on all AFG advisors, and the move to become a full financial services institution by providing financial planning under its Australian Financial Services Licence. The initiatives are new to Australia and at the time of their introduction through AFG, were not offered by other high profile broker networks.
CAFBA represents the interests of its members by assisting with regulatory, governmental matters, bank and finance companies issues.
CAFBA acts as a self-regulating body, seeking to maintain high professional standards within our membership and our industry. We do this by having a formal Code of Conduct, minimum membership requirements, education standards, disciplinary procedures to deal with any potential breach and a broker-lender agreement to assist members and financiers to form a basis for accreditation agreements.
CAFBA seeks to encourage a high standard of professional applications from members to lenders, and in that regard have established a minimum application criteria.
Professional Indemnity Group Insurance has been endorsed by CAFBA for many years. Click here to find out more aboutMembers Insurance.
CAFBA actively encourages professional development and has, together with AAMC Training Group and Intellitrain collaborated to form an industry specific Certificate IV / Diploma. Click here to access the Courses currently available.
As a national organisation, CAFBA hosts events on a regular basis for the benefit of all members. View some pictures of past events and find out more about what is happening by visiting the CAFBA Calendar & Events page. In addition, we issue regular bulletins via email. Please check the website for recent editions.
- Colin Mason - 2016 MPA Top 100 Brokers
- Colin Mason - Australia's Top 50 Elite Business Writers 2016
- Top 15 Broker Group of The Year Award 2016 - QLD, NT & NTH NSW
- 2016 Westpac Broker Business Excellence Awards
- AFG Top 5 Mortgage Broker in QLD, NT & NTH NSW
- John McNamara - QLD, NT & NTH NSW Best Broker in Commercial Business 2015/16
- John McNamara - Commonwealth Bank Diamond Broker 2015
- John McNamara - QLD Broker of the Year 2013/14 -
- AFG Queensland Commercial Loan Writer of the Year 2013/2014 1st Place
- AFG Queensland Broker of the Year 2013/2014 3rd Place
- AFG Qld Commercial loan writer award 2012/2013 1st Place
- John McNamara - ANZ Performance Excellence Award
- AFG Qld loan writer of the year award 2012/2013 1st Place
- AFG Qld Commercial writer award 2011/2012 1st Place
- Commonwealth Bank's - number 1 broker in Queensland for business volume, Commercial finance and Equipment finance
- Westpac's number 3 broker in Queensland for quality and service in Equipment finance
- Capital Finance's number 1 broker in Queensland for quality and service in Equipment finance
- ANZ Awarded to John McNamara In recognition of Performance Excellence 2013
- John McNamara - 2nd Place QLD Loan Writer of The Year 2012/13
- John McNamara - 1st Place QLD Commercial Writer Award 2011/12 & 2012/13
Suite 13 The Sebel
20 Aerodrome Rd
Maroochydore QLD 4558
PO Box 56
Cotton Tree QLD 4558
Free Call 1800 002 311
Phone (07) 54 300 900
Fax (07) 54 300 999